Two days ago Microsoft released the first Service Pack for the 2010 Office suite. This means there is also a Service Pack for SharePoint 2010.
In the Office service pack there are a lot of fixes and to much to list here. Here are some changes:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint "Use Presenter View" option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel, building on our work from Office 2007 SP2
Issues that are fixed for SharePoint 2010 can be read in the following excel sheet:
You can find the updates on the Microsoft update center: