A few day’s ago (April 15) Microsoft released a great set of documentation about SharePoint 2010. The following documentation can be downloaded:
- SharePoint Server 2010 performance and capacity test results and recommendations : A white paper set that describe the performance and capacity impact of specific feature sets included in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- SharePoint Server 2010 capacity management: software boundaries and limits : A white paper that provides information to help you understand the tested performance and capacity limits of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- Extranet Topologies for SharePoint 2010 Products : Illustrates the specific extranet topologies that have been tested with SharePoint 2010 Products.
- Topologies for SharePoint Server 2010 : Describes common ways to build and scale farm topologies, including planning which servers to start services on.
- Databases That Support SharePoint 2010 Products : Describes the Microsoft SQL Server databases on which SharePoint 2010 Products run.