Two days Ago I published the post "Testing ARM Templates" that mentioned the ARM-TTK PowerShell Module Microsoft is creating to test ARM templates. After writing the post I couldn’t resist creating a Azure DevOps Pipeline tasks that integrates the tooling.
ARM Template Tester
With the “ARM Template Tester” you have the option of testing your Azure Resource Manager templates within a build or release pipeline. The tasks itself does not have a lot of parameters that need to be set in order to use the extension:
- Template folder: The folder for testing the ARM templates
- Stop on violation: Stop pipeline execution on a violation of the rules in the template
The extension itself does not have a lot of functionality at
this moment but I will try to extend it in the next couple of weeks/months. If
you have a great idea or want to help extending this task send me a email a
file an issue within GitHub.
- GitHub Task repository: https://github.com/maikvandergaag/msft-extensions
- Azure DevOps Task – ARM Template Tester: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=maikvandergaag.maikvandergaag-arm-ttk
- ARM-TTK repository: https://github.com/Azure/azure-quickstart-templates
- GitHub Issues list: https://github.com/maikvandergaag/msft-extensions/issues