Event ID 1008 Event log message of the “Perflib” Source

When I was setting up a new SharePoint environment this week I was getting very annoyed about perflib error messages within the event log:

“The Open Procedure for service “WmiApRpl” in DLL “C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll” failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.”

Looking on TechNet I found the below article for fixing the problem.

Taking these steps made no change. After that I was getting more annoyed and called a colleague for advice. He pointed to me that another colleague had already blogged about this a few months ago.

Take a look at his blog post to fix this issue:

Related Posts

Forcing a Device Channel Device channels are a way of using different master pages for different devices. MSDN describes the functionality as followed:   “Browsing ...
Offline Installation SharePoint 2013 In many situation you would like to do a offline installation of SharePoint 2013 or you are required to do a offline installation because you do not h...
User automatically removed from SharePoint Group During my current project we received an access request from a user. We did what we normally do, we checked the request and added the user in the appr...
Unable to start User Profile Synchronization Service A few days ago I wrote a post about loading modules in PowerShell by default: “Load modules by default when opening PowerShell”. Today we had to setup...
Filtering SharePoint Search Results by Content Source Working for one my projects we were looking for a solution to only retrieve search results for a specific Content Source. In our scenario we had a Ext...
PowerShell Scripts During my current project we are using a lot of PowerShell scripts to administrate the environment and make development easier for us. In this post...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *