Failure in loading assembly

In the application event log I found several errors that were pointing to assemblies that I wasn’t using anymore. The error looks like the message below: Error: Failure in loading assembly: Assembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Token.

The application was trying to load an assembly that I wasn’t in the GAC or in the BIN folder. This causes the error so I searched trough the complete solution for references to the specified assembly but couldn’t find any. After searching I opened the web.config file of the web application and the one from central administration and saw that there were safecontrols registered to assemblies that I wasn’t using anymore.

<SafeControl Assembly="Assembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Token" Namespace="Namespace" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

By deleting these safecontrol the problem was solved.

Related Posts

Unable to start User Profile Synchronization Service A few days ago I wrote a post about loading modules in PowerShell by default: “Load modules by default when opening PowerShell”. Today we had to setup...
Event ID 1008 Event log message of the “Perflib” Source When I was setting up a new SharePoint environment this week I was getting very annoyed about perflib error messages within the event log: “The Open P...
Team Foundation Server Installation Error: 28938 For the last couple of days my colleague and I have been installing Team Foundation Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with a separate SQL 2008 and S...
Disabling SharePoint errors (An unexpected error has occurred) One of the most annoying things I came across when I was developing for SharePoint 2007 is the error: “An unexpected error has occurred”. You can get...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *