- When you open a document from SharePoint and press “Save” the save dialog will not open with the document library but with a local folder.
But what is the resolution I hear you thinking! The resolution for vista is a registry key setting.
- Go to start – run, and type regedit.
- When the registry editor window opens go to this path:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – SYSTEM – CurrentControlSet – Services – WebClient – Parameters.
- Right-click the ‘Parameters’ subkey and create a new Multi-String Value.
- Give the Multi-String Value the name ‘AuthForwardServerList’.
- Open the new value and type in the list of SharePoint server URL’s that are trusted and click ‘Ok’
- Close the registry editor.
- Reboot your PC or restart the WebClient Service : start – Administrative Tools – Services
The steps I have written down should work on a PC with Windows Vista SP1. If you guys have found another solution please let me know by placing a comment.