Problem with importing User profiles (0x800706D9)

For one of our clients we have got an internet facing SharePoint site. For this website SharePoint user profiles need to be available. When we configured the user profile import we came across a very strange error:

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. (Exception from HRESULT: 0×800706D9)

After some searching we figured out that there was something wrong with the firewall settings between de AD server and the SharePoint Farm. If you have the same problem take a look at the following kb articles from Microsoft:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.